I’ve been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award. I don’t write to get the nominations but it feels great that my readers appreciate my writings & find me eligible for the award. I’m very thankful for that emotion.
I feel honored & happy that people follow my blog, read my poems & at some level, connect to me. It’s my 2nd nomination in 3 years, besides the time I posted one of my poems for a competetion, just to check the temperature & I ended up in the top 3. But don’t misunderstand me, I don’t write to compete. Though, it feels great to be appreciated.
I write poems when I realize or experience something…my expressions. You can call them emotions, patterns, rollercoaster rides, sometimes a simple desire or simply an opening in me. That’s how I started my blog…to just write & share how I see & feel things. It has this great therapeutic effect on me as well. So thank you very much to each & every person who’s been reading my poems & following me. I feel comfortable opening up to you all, sharing my raw words. It’s a blessing that you can relate to me….as in I can relate to you.
As a part of the nomination requirements, I will also be nominating three blogs that I also enjoy and commenting on their page to notify them of the nomination. I will also be answering 7 questions asked by Anonymously Hal.
Three Blogs I am choosing to nominate:
If you have been nominated, please answer the following questions below! (Please feel free not to participate if you do not have time or do not accept awards.)
- What inspires your writing?
- What’s your favorite food?
- If you could be on one TV show…what would it be?
- Where do you call home?
- What has been your greatest moment thus far in 2020?
- What are your three goals for 2020?
- What is your favorite song of all time and why?
My answers to the questions asked by Anonymously Hal:
- What inspires your writing? My own Trippin’ Track…myself as a person & my life, surrounded by me & my people.
- What’s your favorite food? I’ve turned veggie since last 3.5 yr. So basically anything vegetarian with great taste, texture & consistency would do. But if I have to pick one, then it’ll be my home made veggie lasagne. I’m a great cook (not just my ego tells me that…others do as well 😉)
- If you could be on one TV show…what would it be? Modern Family
- Where do you call home? My heart. If I’m in contact with my heart (/love), I’ll be able to create home anywhere & will create place for everyone in the family.
- What has been your greatest moment thus far in 2020? To come closer to my family after being hit by brain hemorrhage last November. I’m still recovering & it’s going slow & steady. Plus I’ve found some really great & genuine persons, whom I can call my friends. Both are equally my greatest momentS.
- What are your three goals for 2020? I) To heal myself & to leave the layer of ego aside. II) Recover from brain hemorrhage (via exercising, ergo-physio therapies, writing poems, meditation & mindfulness). III) To go back to work, start slowly & use body, mind & soul as one unit, especially when my left arm & hand aren’t fully working at present.
- What is your favorite movie of all time? Hindi movie – Sholay
Cheers…dear Anonymously Hal for nominating me. I’m truly honored & I whole heartedly appreciate your kind gesture. Thank you all for stopping by.
Much love ❤️🙏